Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Las Vegas

I am going to Las Vegas for New Years this year and I am going to be competing in the World Series of Beer Pong III. The reason that this relates to social media is that I completely set up my entire trip on this website that the creators of the tournament set up. It is unique in the fact that I did not just pay a fee and sign up, but actually created a team name and linked up with my room mate who is also my partner. All the teams that are created go into a pool with the ones who have finalized registration and you can actually add an image to your profile and talk trash on the forum. Not too long ago anything like this would not have been possible. Any type of sporting event or vacation package required an over the phone or face to face interaction to book. Even in the modern internet era, you are just starting to see fully interactive sites in ways that were never thought imaginable before. I just thought it was really cool how this trip did not just involve signing up but gave the participants something interesting to actually get from their registration.

BPong.com --Our team is called Blue Chips

No comments: