Wednesday, September 26, 2007

PRX Builder

PRX Builder has just announced that YOU can have an image on the Reuter's Times Sqaure billboard! This was amazing to me that at the low rate of $299, any average Joe can throw something up on the legendary Times Square advertising block. This does include the image on the billboard as well as, feature space in the LA Times, Yahoo!, and ABC television affiliates. You can have up to 100 characters for a headline on the image and it receives 15 seconds of air time on the billboard. If I was any kind of a public relations representative or advertising designer, I would want my message involved in this. I thought that you had to be a giant corporation to get that sort of outdoor adspace but apparently not. This is a great opportunity for independents to receive some quality PR at a very cheap rate for what you get. The website also mentions that it is displayed during rush hour! What more could you ask?! I would be willing to bet that you could'nt even talk to the advertising companies that run the billboards on Sunset Boulevard for that price. Anyways I just thought I would throw that out there because it is such a ridiculous opportunity.
--westonJ OUT

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Adspace on Times Square for only $300? That seems insane. You said it gave companies 15 seconds of exposure time. Do you pay for only the one time of 15 seconds displayed?

It seems like an attractive and luring idea. I wonder how many companies will use it.

Megan said...

you're probably going to see a lot of "will you marry me?" signs, which will end up with a lot of giddy girlfriends saying "OMG YES!!" and confused boyfriends saying "...what?!"

Shane said...

For only $300 dollars even I would post an ad in Times Square. I had never heard of this before, but I bet you a lot of companies will use it. There probably won't even be enough fifteen seconds (to display all the ads people pay for) in one day. I think that this will take off and be huge.